Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday School Soundtrack Summary

Welcome to round two of the Sunday School Soundtrack. I will be posting five new songs every two weeks, so stay vigilant or you may miss out. Just to review, Round one included the following songs:

September 18
1. Hurricane Drunk--Florence + the Machine
2. Find My Way--The Gabe Dixon Band
3. When I Get My Wings--Will Hoge
4. I Won't Let You Go--James Morrison
5. Let's Start Over--Miles Jaye (This one was a stretch, but I think it's hilarious.)

Okay, now that that is over with, say hello to this week's edition:

October 9
1. Little Lies--Dave Barnes
2. Virginia--Ron Pope
3. I Would Do Anything For You--Foster the People
4. I Cannot Settle Down--Peter Bradley Adams
5. Miracles--Matt White

I love these songs. I've tried to find all of them on playlist.com, but unfortunately, playlist.com doesn't know all of the good music. To make up for their lacking, I have included a song from each artist in the sidebar playlist titled (can you believe it?) "Sunday School Soundtrack." Where I couldn't find the song on playlist.com, I have included it below as an embedded YouTube video. Enjoy, and don't forget to comment with any songs that you've been loving that I should check out.

I know, I know, it's a live version, but it's awesome and Dave Barnes is amazing. If you are feeling especially ambitious, check out his Christmas Extravaganza videos. He's funny and talented.

Okay, I hope you realize how hard it is to only be sharing one song of Ron's with you today. His voice is a little whiny, but it has a quality that I enjoy listening to and one that seems to speak the emotion he writes about. If you want more, click here.

Listened to this about a million times when I went to Bear Lake last month. It now causes me to think of waspberry shakes, paddle boats and IDPs (Impromptu Dance Parties). Can you think of a better combination? I certainly can't.

Holy Smokes! Where do I start? Peter Bradley Adams is wind blowing through the wheat field. Peter Bradley Adams is the rain drops that falls on your head in the summer. Peter Bradley Adams is...you know what?--just listen to the song.

This just might be the single worst video job I've ever seen, but it's the only version of this song I could find to share. Don't watch the movie, but listen to the music. If you like it, go to iTunes and listen to it there...or come to my house and I'll play it for you from my music collection.

Whew! That was a lot of linking and embedding. I'm hoping it is worth it to you. Let me know what you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love the James Morisson song. I love that he lays down in the street with her.
    I want someone to 'not let me go' is that so wrong?

    ReplyDelete