Friday, July 30, 2010

When the Pope Demands, You Listen


Okay, last night I had another reminiscent moment with a song that I have loved for months, but have never mentioned here on my blog. Not only is it a song I love, but it comes from one of my favorite artists. Crap, I may actually have to post two of his songs because both of them are on my top 20.

I discovered Ron Pope several months ago and introduced him to my friends through the medium of Toons and Spoons, which you're all invited to if you ever feel so inclined. A Drop In the Ocean is a a bathtub song while Shoot Out the Lights is a T-shirt song. Let's just forget that I heard A Drop In the Ocean blaring over the speaker system at Pioneer Pool last Monday night and focus on how good the lyrics are. I love Ron's voice and his emotion even more.

In Shoot Out the Lights he does something that makes me cock my ear and listen even more: He unleashes. I don't really know what he is singing about, but I believe him. It's almost like his unadulterated devotion to his song demands your undivided attention—and I'm more than willing to give it to him. Here you go:

A Drop In the Ocean


Shoot Out the Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment