Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Let Freedom Ring



I suppose I'm a couple of days late with this post, but I need an excuse to continue feeling patriotic. I'm afraid once a year just isn't enough for me—and don't even get me started on how I am going to miss Pioneer Day this year.

I'm reaching into my back pocket for this one. It isn't anything new, but it is something I've carried with me for a while and it comes from one of my favorite artists.

One of my favorite things about music is the inspiration behind it. "Freedom", by Amos Lee was inspired by a small dispute between two boys in one of his school classes. The first boy told Amos he was hit by the other and asked if he could punch him back. A conversation ensued about retaliation and how it would really make the boy feel. I hope you enjoy it...and happy Independence Day.



If you liked that, Amos has a whole slew of others songs that are equally as good and better. Here are a few to tickle your fancy:

1. Southern Girl (My personal favorite)
2. Colors (Pretty famous and on the movie Just Like Heaven.)
3. Makin' Love (Awesome, but PG-13. You've been warned.)
4. Arms of a Woman
5. Sweet Pea
6. Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight
7. Skipping Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment