Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Midnight (45) Musings


Sometimes when I know I need to go to bed, but I don't really want to face the reality of knowing I will feel drugged in the morning if I wait any longer, I will lie in bed and listen to my iPod. I find that in these moments, I get some very productive listening in. My mind is clear and I can truly appreciate a song that I've listened to a hundred times or find one that I never knew I had. Last night I experienced the former of the two. It was about midnight 45 and I thought, "Crap, I need to get some sleep." I got ready for bed and then I laid down and stuck my earphones in. I was listening to some Justin Nozuka, but then I came across something that I haven't listened to in a while and it just hit the spot.

Michael Warren's You Changed Me came on and I had to listen to the whole thing even though I was quickly nearing the one o'clock hour. I would like to dedicate this post to Mike's ability to mix the smooth flow of lyrics and sound with just enough bump to make it interesting.



If you liked that, you should also check out You and Love Has Found Its Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment