Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mayday? Maybe not.


I have a close friend who is in an interesting situation—he's desperately in love with his ex-wife. More than anything else in the world, he wants to get back with her. More than anything else in the world, I want him to get back with her. I've told him that I am in his corner...that we are going to get her back. He's Rocky and I'm his Mickey.

Today as I was heading back to Utah Valley Regional after a meeting at Orem Community Hospital, I was listening to Mayday Parade's moving ballad, Miserable At Best and thought instantly of my warrior friend. I have to admit that I got a little emotional as I listened to the lyrics so appropriately describing my buddy's plight (At least in my mind they were talking about my friend). Such a poignant song about the complications of two people who love each other, but have been hurt and don't quite know how to move on.

This one's for you little buddy. Go get your Katie back.

1 comment:

  1. Made my heart ache:( I hope your friend gets his Katie back too

    ReplyDelete