Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Quintessential Josh Kelley Playlist


Once again, I had a soundtrack moment driving up to my parents' house in the Woodland Hills. Josh Kelley's song, "Unfair" came on...Well, to be completely honest, I was the one that selected it, but only because I heard it the other day and wanted to listen to it again. I was able to truly listen to the lyrics and it just seemed to hit the spot.

I was first introduced to Josh Kelley through his song, "Fools Like Me." I had to find more, so I bought four of his albums. I've gone through those four albums and I have selected the best songs for what I would like to call the Quintessential Josh Kelley Playlist. Here it is (Don't forget to listen to the embedded "Unfair" music video included after the playlist):

1. Fools Like Me
2. Unfair
3. Lover Come Up
4. Only You
5. Almost Honest
6. Amazing
7. Masterpiece
8. Justice
9. More Than Love
10. Didn't Hear That From Me
11. Too Good to You
12. Heartache

There you go, if I find anymore (I haven't had a chance to really dive in.) I'll update the list.



Oh, what the heck. Here's "Fools Like Me" as well. I mean this is the one that got me hooked, right?..Okay, I couldn't find it, but here's one that's almost as good. "Only You" was released in 2005 and has been played on the radio. The music video features Katherine Heigl. Apparently this was where the two met. They are now married and have a little girl named Naleigh. Katherine is the muse for Josh's song, "Katie's Song"—which I'm not a huge fan of, but you're more than welcome to check it out on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment